Friday 23 March 2012

Feeling like a bad mummy...

This morning I find myself feeling guilty and a bit upset, S only goes to nursery on a friday from 9am to 2pm It was awful this morning leaving her off she didn't want to stay and kept saying I love you mummy, don't leave me, I want you and I want to go home all through the tears. It makes me feel like an awful mummy, its my choice to send her there just because I needed a break, this makes me feel selfish. On the other hand I know that its good for her to have some time away from me but, I hate the thought of her being there upset for the whole time like she was when I last picked her up. I know I will sit here and worry about her and not enjoy the few hours I have to do the things I want so whats the point?

4 comments:

  1. You're not a bad mummy at all. You're sending her for the right reasons. A) All mummy's need a break at some point - even if they won't admit it! And B) You want her to gain some valuable social skills. That doesn't make you selfish. I know it's easy to say but it will get easier. She'll settle in and make friends one Friday and what will you be doing while she does that? Worrying yourself sick that she's not happy is the most probable answer! You just have to try and stay strong. We're here for you if you want to talk or rant. Please don't feel like you're doing a bad thing as you're not. Believe me, I wish I had sent my daughter to a nursery for one morning a week when she was little. I think it would have done her the world of good. Chin up ... now go stick the kettle on and enjoy a cuppa in peace xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise is completely right with everything she says. Parenting is hard and it's not a popularity contest. You need to do stuff sometimes that your kids don't like and will cry about to see if they can change your mind. But life's like that and it's important to help your child cope with the fact that things don't always go the way they want, but that it all works out ok. So she's still young and that seems like too much to teach her now but believe me, little girls are soaking it all up from a v early age and she will soon realise that mummy knows best and that nursery is actually lots of fun. Don't let her see that you are upset...be really bright and breezy leaving her off and she'll be running in there in a few weeks. Hang on in there...and get the gin out :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely and very supportive comments. I know I was just being sill y yesterday when I wrote this. I just feel terrible when she's crying at me, I think I need to toughen up a bit. When I picked her up she told me she had lots of fun and didn't want to leave so that made me feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blog, would you mind take a look at mine and maybe follow if you like it ? i follow everyone back!

    http://models-on-the-runway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete