Friday 13 April 2012

Babies, holiday and Road trips

Sorry It's been awhile since my last post, Me S and the husband were off on a little holiday to the the lakes, to be honest we needed a break after coming home, travelling with a toddler is non stop hard work :-) S is staying at her Nana's tonight ( Its the first time she's been away overnight since she was 10 months when we thought we were still young enough to go to a music festival, It was awful we got soaked and we got colds) So the first time we have a break in ages and what am I doing sitting in our computer room blogging :-) I am hoping to move my bum when I'm finish so we can go out to eat and maybe watch The Hunger games. Anyway.........


 Last night at bath time S was in the bath having a conversation with  her toys one was daddy one was me and one was her baby sister which sparked a whole other conversation. She kept asking "wheres my baby sister"? When I tried to explain she didn't have one she wanted to know why and told me that she wanted one. She then went back to saying "where's my baby sister". I have to admit this conversation made me well up slightly It made me feel terribly guilty (I'm already struggling the wether or not to have another one and there is a lot more in my con list than my pro list)

In other news My husband and I have just signed up for a Charity road trip 3000k around Europe for Dreams Come True Here is a bit about the charity.

Dreams Come True is a children's charity serving the whole of the UK. Our mission is quite simply, to make dreams come true for seriously and terminally ill children across the country. Over the last 24 years we have brought happiness and joy to more than five thousand children as well as their friends, family and carers.

What We Do
Dreams Come True helps children with both life threatening and long-term illness. We operate with complete integrity and dependability - liaising, coordinating, organising, funding and often accompanying the Dream children - to ensure that each child has an unforgettable experience fulfilling their dream, with wonderful memories to share with loved ones and friends.
Each dream is unique. Some children want to meet their celebrity hero or favourite Disney character while others want to visit their grandparents abroad, ride a unicorn, swim with dolphins or work on a fashion magazine. Many want help with their everyday lives and Dreams Come True is delighted to provide vital sensory equipment, wheelchairs or specially adapted bicycles as well.
Why We Do It
Dream Children often have very little to look forward to apart from endless rounds of hospital visits, painful treatments and the prospect of living with a long term debilitating disease. These very brave youngsters can become depressed and frustrated, yet they all dream of things they want to do and achieve.
Fulfilling a dream provides a positive focus empowering both them and their families with new enthusiasm and strength to deal with ongoing daily struggles of illness, gruelling hospital treatment and sometimes sad loss. It is a legacy of hope and well being that is poignantly expresses in many hundreds of thank you letters we receive from Dream Children and their families.
We have set up a just giving page and any donations would be amazing,  Our Just giving page


No comments:

Post a Comment